- 300g natural yogurt
- ¼ tsp ground cumin, plus a pinch
- 60g boondi (available in many Indian supermarkets or online)
- a few mint leaves, ½ finely chopped, ½ left whole
- STEP 1 Whisk the yogurt with 100ml water until smooth. Whisk in the cumin, ¼ tsp salt and a pinch of ground black pepper.
- STEP 2 Add the boondi and mix well to combine. Leave to stand for 10 mins or up to 2 hrs until the boondi has soaked up some of the liquid and softened slightly (no longer, as the boondi will get too soft). Sprinkle over the chopped and whole mint leaves and a pinch of cumin.