BY RUCHIRA GHOSH
- Potatoes- 5, medium sized, parboiled
- Tomatoes- 2, medium sized
- Cumin seeds- 3-4 tbsp
- Dry red whole chilies- 4-5
- Cumin powder- 3 tsp
- Chili powder- ½ tsp
- Cooking oil- 2-3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- STEP 1 Blend cumin seeds, tomatoes, dry red chillies together in a food processor.
- STEP 2 Heat a wok and add oil to it. Pour in the mixture.
- STEP 3 Stir for 5 to 10 minutes. Add chilli powder and cumin powder and stir.
- STEP 4 Add a little water and cover with a lid.
- STEP 5 Cook for a few minutes so that the gravy is slightly viscous.
- STEP 6 Add the potatoes once the gravy is cooked.
- STEP 7 Serve hot with parathas and chapattis.