BY RUCHIRA GHOSH
- Ayar mach 500 grams
- tomato (medium size) 1
- bay leaves (large) 2
- ginger paste ½ tbsp
- green chili paste 4 teaspoon /variable
- cumin powder 1 teaspoon
- coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- salt 1.5 teaspoon
- cumin seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- green chili cut lengthwise 2
- mustard oil 6 tablespoon
- water 2 cups
1. Marinate the fish with salt and turmeric powder.
2. Cut tomatoes into small pieces. Heat oil in a deep pan or vessel for 4-5 minutes.
3. Fry the fish and keep aside;
4. Add bay leaves and cumin seeds. Wait for 1 minute and add the chopped tomatoes.
5. Add turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and salt.
6. Add ginger chili paste.
7. Add 2 cups of water and allow it to boil.
8. Add the fried fishes and boil for 5 minutes.
9. Add the cut green chili and salt to taste. Allow it to cook for 5 minutes.
10. Take off the flame. Serve with plain rice.