- 1” cinnamon stick or cassia bark
- 5 green cardamom pods
- 5 cloves
- 3 black peppercorns
- 400mls water
- 2 strong tea bags
- ½” ginger roughly crushed
- 4 tbsp condensed milk
- 5-7mls Dark rum
- Add all the spices except the ginger to a pestle & mortar. Crush to a coarse mix and set aside.
- In a sauce pan bring the water to a boil. Add the tea bags along with the crushed spices and the ginger. Simmer for 7-8 minutes. Add the condensed milk and stir well followed by the dark rum. Simmer for a minute.
- Using a fine sieve strain the masala chai toddy into little glasses. Serve warm.